This page contains some helpful references and notes about the demo database. These notes may help you to best make your way around the demo database and see how we set it up.
- C0603C104K4RACTU – Capacitor part with quotes, part alternates, vendor part numbers, and notes.
- ZX01-GYROCNTRL-CAMERA – An assembly with a partlist and a costsheet.
- WIREHARNESS-ASY-A – An assembly with parts that have interesting units to explore Aligni’s unit capabilities.
- ZX01-CNTRL-REMOTE – An assembly with sub-assemblies as well as its kitlist and costsheet.
- ZX-01-QUADCOPTER-ALPHA – Another very simple multi-level BOM.
- Inventory Transfer – A sample incomplete inventory transfer.
Things to do
- Create a new Inventory Shortlist and add the ZX01-GYROCNTRL-CAMERA and GYROCNTRL-PCB-ASY-A to it. Try quantities of 50 each. Aligni will show you what parts are on hand for each build (in order) and what you need to purchase. See sample results here.
- Use the ZX01-GYROCNTRL-CAMERA costsheet to determine the unit cost and excess materials for a build of 1,000 units. (Enter 1000 in the Target quantity entry and click Update)
- Compare Part Lists and enter ZX01-GYROCNTRL-CAMERA and ZX01-GYROCNTRL-CAMERA. Aligni will show you how different partlist versions of the part differ. See the results here.
Part types in Aligni can be configured however you see fit. We have chosen to setup the demo database with a focus around electronic parts such as Capacitor, Resistor, PCB, and Transistor.
We have also created so-called “non-material” part types to account for costed items such as Test (post-assembly testing) and PCB Assembly (board assembly). Non-material part types are listed on the bill of materials, but are not counted for inventory shortages.